Fire Risk Assessments
You’re responsible for fire safety in business or other non-domestic premises if you’re:
- An employer.
- The owner.
- The landlord.
- An occupier.
- Anyone else with control of the premises, for example a facilities manager, building manager, managing agent or risk assessor.
As the responsible person you must carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises. This will identify what you need to do to prevent fire and keep people safe.
You must keep a written record of your fire risk assessment if your business has 5 or more people.
Looking for a fire or security system for your home or business?
AB Fire & Security undertake fire and security installation and maintenance work across Kent and Sussex
We are market leaders, undertaking fire and security installations and maintenance across Kent and Sussex.
Need a new system or service provider? Contact us now, it only takes a few minutes to arrange an appointment, our friendly, helpful staff will be pleased to assist you and take your booking for all types of fire and security installation and/or maintenance work.
Call us now to make your booking.
Carrying out the assessment:
- Identify the fire hazards.
- Identify people at risk.
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
- Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
You’ll need to consider:
- Emergency routes and exits.
- Fire detection and warning systems.
- Fire fighting equipment.
- The removal or safe storage of dangerous substances.
- An emergency fire evacuation plan.
- The needs of vulnerable people, for example the elderly, young children or those with disabilities.
- Providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- Staff fire safety training.
Fully Accredited For Your Peace of Mind
NASIC was established to enable a network of independent regional security companies to provide a Nationwide security service.
NSI Gold - The National Security Inspectorate is the UK's most highly trusted certification body in the security and fire safety sector.
We're accredited by the largest UK-based, in-house team of health and safety auditors, dedicated to ensuring our contractors are employing safe working practices.